Thursday, February 24, 2005

the post office won't mail small things

Just for your information - I was recently informed that the post office will not mail small envelopes. The boys sent valentines out this year to their cousins and friends. I didn't know that you could send the small envelopes through the mail. Funny thing about that though. I mailed 9. 2 were going out of state. Well, seven of them went through just fine. The other two (out of state) ones came back. So, I went to the post office to complain that they mailed the other seven so why wouldn't they mail the other two? They wouldn't take them. I was informed that I was either lucky and they got mailed to the person or the person sorting the mail threw them away!!! Threw them away!!! Can they do that?? I was told that small envelopes jam the sorting machine.
Well, whats funny to me is that the 2 that were returned were in my mailbox. They didn't put them in a larger envelope to mail them back to me.
Conspiracy - I think so.

3 comments:

chirky said...

yes, i learned the hard way last year that you cannot mail small envelopes. on their website they have a minimum size. roger and i had to re-do our reply cards for our wedding, and buy new envelopes, for that very reason.

Watts family said...

Thats horrible. I hope that didn't take to long.

chirky said...

no, we caught it quickly. it was just a hassle from a financial perspective. :( blah.