Monday, March 14, 2005

So, I always thought of myself as a girly girl

When I met Jeremy, I was a girlie girl. Hair, makeup, clothes (oh the clothes). I spent every dime on hairspray and lotions and hair barettes and everything that screamed girls. Always in a dress. So it was quite a shock to end up with a boy and then another and another. But I was thinking tonight as we were sitting in the school gymnasium watching the "REPTILE SHOW" with snakes and crocodiles and lizards and turtles how much my life has changed. I was wearing Jeans and tennis shoes (unheard of unless you were doing sports back in the day or were dressing slobby - cute slobby - you know what I mean), my hair in a pony tail (again uheard of unless we were in the middle of a volleyball game), watching my boys and actually being fascinated myself over snakes and lizards. (NO!! We are still not having one in this house.) I have learned that this is a role I am becoming comfortable with and I don't know how I feel about it.

How things change and you don't even realize it?

No comments: