Monday, March 14, 2005

She is in Texas, I am in Washington but we could be twins

I have a childhood friend, Jessica, who moved away to Texas against both of our wills when we were both 6. My dad used to walk us to school everyday, past the downed powerline (which we had to stop and look at everyday - not that it changed). We wrote for several years and now there is email and its great. Much more instant.
I have been reading her Blog (www.jesferris.blogspot.com). The same things she writes about, I could so relate to my life. Its crazy.
I come home with crazy stories of things people say and do and she has the same things happening to her. Whether it be a crazy driver or something funny someone said at the store.
She recently wrote about taking the stairs at her work to avoid having to talk to people and I do the same thing. Its the fear of the confrontation. I hate going to the bus stop. I might have to talk to another parent. Its crazy.
We both have brown hair, we both love popcorn, we have the same unconditional love for our fathers and angst for our mothers.
I wish we lived closer so we could get together. But, for now we will keep reading eachothers blogs and take comfort in the fact that we have someone like us out there.
Take care Jes!!

1 comment:

chirky said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I have been trying to comment on blogs all day, and then suddenly i come to your site, and i read this post, and i click comment, and MYSTERIOUSLY AND MAGICALLY IT LETS ME POST! it must be fate!

jen, i think i really do need Gingko Biloba. i DO NOT REMEMBER the downed powerline. or your dad walking us to school. is that weird? i actually remember very little about my childhood, and when people tell me stories, i am always fascinated. i wonder if i have selective amnesia?

i remember walking past a bunch of horses. and i think your dad lived by the YMCA, where i took swim lessons. and i remember how much i loved going to your house in the mornings before school, because your mom let you watch cartoons before school. my mom wouldn't.

that's weird.