Tuesday, March 01, 2005

"I would, but I don't have a garage."

My husband's answer for everything. We have a shed, not to be confused with garage. I am a very creative person who asks Jeremy to a lot of around the house projects. Unfortunately, I get told a lot "I would, but I don't have a garage." I think he just wants a garage.

Excuses to get a garage:

The kids can't keep their toys and bikes nice.

We need a new lawnmower cause the old one sits outside all the time.

My tools are getting rusty and lost. (Can't be kept in the shed cause that is work space)
Therefore, I must buy new ones all the time.

All projects require the purchase of a new tool and I don't have anywhere to keep them.
(Should be noted that he buys the tools anyways.)

I can't work on that today, because it is too cold, hot, windy, rainy....

I have to park a car in front of the carport at all times so our neighbors don't see the mess I have going.

I don't have anywhere to keep all the machines for the business.

I need storage that isn't exposed to the weather.

I can't keep an excessive stock of oil change filters and motor oil.

I bought wood for projects and don't have anywhere to keep it.

The list goes on and on. Everyday its something. Something tells me that if we get a garage the excuses will change to reasons why we need to buy more things.

1 comment:

chirky said...

it DOES sound like you need a garage! or an extra shed! :)